Haiti Ministry Vision: Our vision is that St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (SEAS) will have a loving and personal relationship with the parishioners of St. Genevieve in Duval, Haiti. SEAS will assist in providing spiritual, educational, and medical assistance for our brothers and sisters in Haiti. Both parishes will grow closer together in faith, hope and love.
“So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
1 Cor 13:13
In 2003, we sent our first medical team to Duval and provided care and medicine for over 1000 patients. Today, we regularly send medical and dental teams, supplement a small clinic with a full-time nurse adjacent to St. Genevieve Parish, and support a visiting physician, Dr. Theodore, in by-monthly visits to Duval.
There is no doubt that your contributions in the form of sewing supplies, medicines, prayers, school supplies and money have impacted the quality of life of our sister parishioners in a positive way.
- You live in a one room cinder block home with your family of five.
- You have no electricity, no heat, no toilet, no sanitary, running water.
- You have to walk for hours every day just to bring water and food home.
- Your farmland is 40% rocks and it doesn't rain for months on end.
- You are illiterate and you have never seen television or heard a radio.
Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. The infant mortality rate is the highest in the hemisphere and life expectancy is only 52 years. The adult HIV/AIDS prevalence rate is 5.6%, also the highest in the hemisphere. Many people have never received health care. Any donations you wish to make will go directly to those who need them most.